Welcome to DogZone India: Let's Discuss Dogs!
All About Dogs in India: Discussion forums, dog photos, dog videos, blogs, classifieds and much more!

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Butch Dog Food

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Yuki, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Yuki Senior Member

Message Count:
    Here is a review on Butch dog food.

About the company:
    Butch Pet Foods Ltd & Co. is a privately owned New Zealand pet food company that makes fresh meat/chicken dog-cat food rolls.

About their products:
    In India they have launched three of their products for dogs. Blue Label, White Label and Wag (garlic and rice) dog food rolls and two products for cats, Blue label and Ginger Tom Whole Fish.

Check out their website for more information and products:
    Butch | For Happier and Healthier Pets

I requested a sample of White Label and received it recently. I will be reviewing the White Label dog food roll. This roll is for sensitive dogs and I own a Golden Retriever who is a bit sensitive.
    [IMG]
    These rolls fall under the wet dog food category. The roll needs to be refrigerated and used within 10 days of opening. I received a 2kg roll of White Label which costs Rs 615/- as a sample which was very generous of them. On their site they are giving away 800 gm rolls as samples in selected cities of India. The rolls are a complete dog food and well balanced nutritionally.
    [IMG]
    The packaging is quite good, locks the freshness in, when I cut a slice to serve my dog the roll slid out easily no mess and no fuss about it which I am very glad about. The rolls are easy to slice, dice and serve. Yuki my dog really loved eating it and was following me everywhere asking for more which usually doesn’t happen as he is not much of a food lover. The rolls smell fresh and really appetizing, even for me. It doesn’t have the odd smell of dry dog food and isn’t messy like the canned versions of dog food. As I have a large dog the roll lasted me 3 days. For small to medium dogs the roll will last longer.
    [IMG]
    The price is reasonable and affordable. It’s a better choice compared to other dog foods in our Indian market. I give it a rating of 4/5

Would I recommend this dog food to others? Definitely yes!

Nutritional information as given on package is as follows:

Chicken 80%
    Vegetables (carrots, peas and corn kernels were visible when I was cutting) 7.5%
    Soy 4%
    Cereals 4%
    Rice 2%
    Omega 3 and fish oil 1.3%
    Gel blend 1%
    Kelp 0.1%
    Added vitamin and minerals (details are given on package)

Also:

No Sugar
    No Wheat
    No Gluten
    No Yeast
    No Artificial Flavours
    No Ethoxyquin
    No Propylene Glycol
    Low Salt

I would have liked to know which cereals and what type of gel blend they have used. Wish they had provided more information on the ingredients added to their product. But overall I am happy about the product I received.
    Jishnu Bhattacharya, KS90 and Gaurav like this.
  2. Offline

KS90 Member

Message Count:
    Looks like a great product. Too bad it is not available in my city. But is it a balanced diet? Will I have to give supplements with it?
    Thanks for the good review!
  3. Offline

Yuki Senior Member

Message Count:
    vitamins and minerals have been added to the rolls. it also rich in omega 3 and fish oil which is needed for healthy skin and coat. :) if you are feeding Butch rolls i dont see the need to give extra supplements except few to prevent HD like glucosamine etc.

minerals:
    calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, choline chloride, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, iodine, selenium

vitamins:
    vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, D, E, K, Folic acid, calcium pantothenate.
  4. Offline

Saurabh Umadikar Active Member

Message Count:
    nice food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Offline

Chaitanya New Member

Message Count:
    sounds good. Will try n see if i get the distribution for Goa. We dnt hav such good foods here!
  6. Offline

Gautam Active Member

Message Count:
    As usual Yuki, great review... Detailed and well laid out.
    :)
  7. Offline

jonh23 New Member

Message Count:
    this is very good food !
  8. Offline

gspal New Member

Message Count:
    Any mention of the % content of phosphorus, protein & calcium. My friend has bladder calculi and is on Himalaya's Nefrotec DS. It sure would like to try their White Rolls and get off Venky's Regale Chicken-Based which is anyhow imported from Total Alimentos S/A, Brazil. How come Butch does not figure on Dog Food Analysis or Whole Dog Journal or Dog Scoop?